We’ve introduced new functionality into our Kumolus templates. We’ve added the ability to copy templates.
Following the key principles of Infrastructure as Code;
Templates can now be copied either by running through our Wizard or via our API. This allows you to map the template to another AWS account or VPC. This will automatically look after the configuration elements including Networks, Security Groups and other dependencies.
We’ve included a sample workflow below;
Create a template
- Build : Select Copy Template
2. Copy Template Wizard – Choose a Revision of the template and new Name
3. Copy Template Wizard – Allows you to choose a new AWS Account and/or new VPC
4. Copy Template Wizard – Choose a new VPC
5. Copy Template Wizard – Complete a subnet mapping
6. Copy Template Wizard – Review Compute
7. Copy Template Wizard – Review Database services
Stay tuned for a number of additions to the new functionality over the next few weeks and test it out by signing up here!